2017 Aspen Prize Finalists Announced
The Aspen Institute is pleased to name the following 10 community college finalists for the 2017 Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence. Aspen’s Finalist Selection Committee, comprised of former community college presidents, respected researchers and policy experts, selected the ten finalist institutions after reviewing extensive data on performance and improvements in learning, graduation, workforce outcomes, and equitable outcomes for all students, focusing on those in traditionally underserved racial/ethnic groups – African-American, Hispanic/Latino and Native American – and those from low-income backgrounds. Of the 150 institutions named eligible in January, over one hundred applied to compete for the Prize.
- Anoka-Ramsey Community College (Coon Rapids, MN)
- Broward College (Fort Lauderdale, FL)
- Chaffey College (Rancho Cucamonga, CA)
- Indian River State College (Fort Pierce, FL)
- Lake Area Technical Institute (Watertown, SD)
- Northeast Community College (Norfolk, NE)
- Odessa College (Odessa, TX)
- Pasadena City College (Pasadena, CA)
- San Jacinto College (Pasadena, TX)
- West Kentucky Community and Technical College (Paducah, KY)
The Joyce Foundation is a proud supporter of the Aspen Prize.