Step 2: Formal Proposal
Letters of inquiry must precede any formal grant proposal to the Joyce Foundation; formal proposals are accepted by invitation of the foundation after review of the LOI. We encourage you to download the formal grant application in Word format before completing it online and refer to the How to Submit a Grant Proposal Reference Sheet.
The required attachments are:
- Itemized project budget and narrative with amount of funds requested from Joyce, the proposed uses, and the time period over which funds will be expended
- Names and qualifications of people involved in the project
- Board members, their title, outside affiliation, and telephone number
- Organizational expenses and income for previous, current, and upcoming fiscal year
- Audited financial statements for the most recently completed fiscal year
- Internal Revenue Service Form 990 plus attachments for the most recently completed fiscal year
- Internal Revenue Service verification that the organization is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization and qualifies as a public charity as defined in IRS Code section 509 (a)(1), (2), or (3). A copy of the IRS tax-exempt determination letter if this is NOT already uploaded to the grantee portal.
If you have questions regarding the online application process, please email [email protected].