Step 3: Review Process
When applying for financial support, grant seekers can expect a four-step application process:
- Letters of Inquiry: The applicant submits an online letter of inquiry six to eight weeks before the proposal deadline. If additional information is needed, applicant will receive an email with instructions on how to provide LOI feedback.
- Initial Review: If the project does fit within the guidelines, the program officer may invite the applicant to submit an online full proposal. If the project does not fit within the guidelines, the program officer sends the applicant a decline email.
- Review and Recommendation: Once the program officer receives the full proposal, an internal review process begins.
- If the proposal is not recommended for funding, the program officer sends a decline email.
- If the proposal is recommended for funding, the program officer prepares a recommendation for consideration by the Joyce Foundation's Board of Directors.
- Board Action: The Joyce Foundation Board of Directors meets and votes on recommended grants.
- If the proposal is not approved for funding, an email is sent declining the proposed grant.
- If the proposal is approved for funding, the program officer will email a grant contract to grantee.
- Grant payments are normally made at the end of the month following the board meeting at which the funding decision was made.